1. when there is a boy in your class with the same name, don’t let yourself shut down. do not think about the way it sounded when you said it, jokingly, passionately, casually. it is not yours to say anymore.
2. if the sky is dark and your voice shakes, do not hurt yourself. you might feel as if the only thing keeping you alive is gone but baby, trust me you are not broken without him.
3. your lungs will seem to give out at the thought of him and what you believed would never happen finally did. it does not matter what you saw in him or the way you knew every bit of his body. you will keep breathing.
4. remembering how close to him you were and the warmth he made you feel will make you feel shattered because he is not yours anymore. your heart is still intact.
5. kissing boys who don’t mean anything to you is fun while it lasts but will not do anything but hurt mind. getting drunk and fazing the feelings will make you feel like your body is floating but your souls rotting in the ground. do not go to others for safety.
6. do not stay up all night wishing he was there with you. he isn’t coming back. you don’t need him and he obviously does not need you anymore. you will survive.
7. don’t think of old memories with him. you will feel like you are suffocating. do not think of them. make memories with new people.
8. he’s going to break your fucking heart. but without it, you will only go downhill from here. don’t let yourself. pull yourself back up with every bit of strength you have. let others help, but do not seek refuge in them. they do not care as much as you think they do.
9. do not believe that you are alone. you are alive, you are okay. don’t feel as if the walls are caving in or the world is sucking you away. keep pushing, living, waking up every day and breathing in the air of this earth because this is just one event in a series of millions in your life, and you will continue to live, and even love again."
— 9 things I should have told myself six months ago (via not-frail)